Ham & Cheese Egg Muffins are a tasty and easy way to start your day with a great breakfast! Full of diced ham, broccoli, and cheese, these egg cups are easy to make and super satisfying!
While I love a good comfort food breakfast like my Belgian Waffles or my Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, I need something a bit lighter but just as delicious during the weekdays. We like making a batch of these egg muffins on Sunday afternoon or evening, and then we can easily reheat them up for a quick breakfast or even lunch. I could eat eggs every single day, but, sometimes I don't want or have time to stop what I'm doing during the day to make a pan of eggs, that's where these come in because they taste just as good reheated!
How to Make Egg Muffins:
Egg muffins can come together super fast. All you need to start with is preheating your oven, and greasing a standard 12 cup muffin pan. I use store-bought pre diced ham for this recipe. But, if you have leftover ham that works just as well. Feel free to change it up and use diced cooked bacon or sausage as well, or leave the meat out for a vegetarian option! Once you have your ham, dice up your broccoli, and go ahead and shred your cheese, that way the cups are ready to fill as soon as you mix up your eggs.
- Use a large bowl and whisk together the eggs, milk, seasonings, and hot sauce until no streaks of egg white remain.
- Next, use a ladle and fill each muffin cup about ⅔ full of the egg mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup evenly with your diced ham, chopped broccoli, and shredded cheese. Then, bake and serve!
I like to bake these for exactly 20 minutes. I find that the centers are set to my liking at this point, but the eggs still reheat nicely without becoming over done. Simply use a toothpick to test the center for doneness. Let them sit for about 3-5 minutes before removing from the pan.
How to Store and Reheat Egg Muffins:
To store these egg muffins for later, allow them to cool all the way and then place in an airtight zip-top bag or a sealable container. I find that these refrigerate well for up to 4 days at the most. These are also freezer friendly! You can store them in the freezer after they have cooled for up to one month for best results. When you want to reheat them, simply microwave for 10-20 seconds until heated through.
Ham & Cheese Egg Muffins
- 10 Large Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce, Optional
- 1 Cup Chopped Broccoli
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1 Cup Diced Ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and hot sauce.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
- Top each cup evenly with the chopped broccoli, cheddar, and ham.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until set.