Greek Artichoke Chicken Kabobs are marinated with the bold flavors of lemon and garlic for a mouthwatering and easy summer grilling recipe! These chicken kabobs are tender, juicy, and perfect for dipping into an amazing artichoke yogurt sauce!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of our friends over at Reese Specialty Foods. The recipe, photos, and all opinions are my own.
Seriously delicious grilled chicken skewers are getting a really great flavor punch in this recipe! Chicken kabobs are a summer staple, and getting creative with them is a great way to impress your guests and family at your next BBQ.
You guys all know that my recipes are all simple and approachable, and these chicken kabobs are exactly that! I love that the use of an ingredient like Artichokes may not be traditional for kabobs. But, it gives us a whole new flavor experience for dinner without over complicating a recipe!
How To Make Chicken Kabobs:
These Greek Chicken Kabobs start with a simple marinade! You will cube up your chicken, place it in a large zip top bag and pour in your marinade ingredients. Add the sealed bag to the refrigerator for at least one hour. The marinating portion of this recipe is the longest part, and it's totally hands off! You can marinate for at least one hour and up to 24.
Right after I get the chicken in the refrigerator I go ahead and make my artichoke dipping sauce. It tastes so much better when it has chilled for an hour or two as well! For the sauce go ahead and open your can of artichokes. You will use 3 of the quartered hearts for the sauce. Simply add the remaining artichokes to a bowl with a lid and place in the refrigerator to use when assembling your kabobs.
Keep in mind that if you are using wooden skewers for your kabobs they will need to soak in water for 20 minutes before you put everything together. So, plan ahead for that. You can also use metal skewers as well if that's what you have on hand.
When you are ready to make your kabobs remove the artichokes and chicken from the fridge. Cube up your red onion, and grab your cherry tomatoes. Layer one piece of chicken, a quartered artichoke heart, one cube of onion, and one tomato. You will repeat this until your skewers are full almost to the end.
You will want to now preheat your grill to medium heat. The kabobs will take about 10-15 minutes to cook through and you will want to turn them 3-4 times during the cooking process to ensure even cooking.
Try Reese Artichokes, Hearts of Palm, Capers and Horseradish! Download and use the
Ibotta app to earn rebates on Reese products! You can download the app HERE.
Also be sure to enter the Reese "Step out of Your Comfort Food" Sweepstakes right HERE for a chance to win some really great prizes!
Greek Artichoke Chicken Kabobs
FOR THE KABOBS
- 1 pound chicken breasts cubed
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons Basil
- 2 Teaspoons Dill
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Large Red onion Cubed
- 1 14 Ounce Can Reese Quartered Artichoke Hearts Drained
FOR THE YOGURT SAUCE:
- 8 Ounces Greek Yogurt
- 3 Chopped Reese Artichoke Heart Quarters Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Dill
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Feta Cheese Crumbled
FOR THE KABOBS:
- Place the cubed chicken in a large zip-top bag. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and dill.
- Seal the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour and up to 24 hours.
- When you are ready to assemble the kabobs, preheat the grill to medium.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and assemble 8 kabobs by skewering the chicken, artichokes, onion, and cherry tomatoes until each skewer is full.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes turning 3-4 times during cooking for even browning.
- Serve with yogurt sauce if desired.
FOR THE YOGURT SAUCE:
- In a small bowl mix together the Greek yogurt, chopped artichoke heart quarters, garlic dill, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and feta cheese.
- Cover the sauce and chill for at least one hour before serving with the kabobs.
- Before serving, taste the sauce and adjust seasoning to taste if necessary.