Garlic Bread - The best recipe that comes out perfectly buttery and extra garlicky every time! This bread is oven baked to perfection and tastes better than the rest with the best seasonings!
Garlic Bread Recipe:
Garlic bread is one of those that is kind of a "non-recipe" in my opinion because it's just so simple! It's really more about the amount of garlic, the seasonings, and the bake time that make this so perfect. Being that it's soup season, I love to always have homemade garlic bread on hand! We love having this with a big bowl of our Zuppa Toscana, my favorite Broccoli Cheddar Soup and especially Roasted Tomato Soup for dunking!
What Makes This Garlic Bread Better?
In my opinion what makes my bread the best is the combination of using fresh minced garlic and garlic salt together! It sounds so simple, but it really brings that garlic flavor up another notch, so don't skip doing both! I also add in some dried Italian seasoning, which gives it that kind of restaurant or take out garlic bread flavor to me. We add some shredded parmesan for rich cheesiness and fresh parsley (both are optional) that adds some freshness too! At your store's bakery you will notice that they have French or Italian bread loaves and either one works fine here. Just keep in mind that if you get a bread called a French Baguette (the really long skinny bread) that it will come out more crisp on the outside.
Making Garlic Bread:
- Grab your French or Italian loaf and slice it in half lengthwise. I find it easiest to use a large serrated knife to slice through the bread really easily!
- You can soften your butter at room temp for awhile, or just pop it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to soften. It doesn't matter if some is a little melted for this recipe. Mix the butter with the minced garlic, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, as well as the cheese and parsley if using.
- Spread the butter mixture evenly on the bread, going all the way to the corners! There is plenty of butter mixture here to make sure all of the bread and every bite has butter!
- Bake at 400 for ten minutes and then at this point if you like your bread soft you can eat as is. If you like it a little crunchy on the outside and around the edges we go ahead and broil it for a few minutes. Then, slice and eat!
- NOTE ON PARMESAN AND PARSLEY: You can leave both of these out if you want. You can also use store bought pre-shredded parmesan here it works fine! If you want an even more cheesy bread you can add half parmesan and half cheddar! If you have dried parsley that works ok too, just use a couple of teaspoons.
- 1 Loaf French or Italian Bread
- 5 Cloves Garlic Finely Minced
- 1 Cup Salted Butter Very Soft
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ Cup Freshly Shredded Parmesan OPTIONAL
- ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley OPTIONAL
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise and place cut side up on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl mix together the finely minced garlic, butter, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, parmesan and parsley until well combined.
- Spread the butter mixture evenly over each piece of bread.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Check the bread and if you want it more crispy, turn the oven on to the 'BROIL' setting and broil the bread for 2-5 minutes until desired brownness is achieved.