Egg Roll Bowls are a delicious, Asian flavor packed meal ready in 30 minutes or less with one pan! You'll love all of the egg roll flavor packed into one simple dish!
Egg Roll Bowls:
One of our absolute favorites! We have been in love with making this dish for several months now, our whole family adores it. I love that we usually have everything stocked up to make them too! These make a fast weeknight dinner, but it's also great for a healthy meal prep. You can easily double this recipe too if you want larger portions, or more to last you for lunch through the week! Making these really couldn't be simpler when you can use any ground meat of your choosing. Other ingredients like shredded carrots, cabbage, ginger, onion, and garlic give this so much flavor! You really won't miss the egg roll wrapper, plus no time spent filling them! Another reason we love this is because it's flavorful but also light, it's a nice break from heavy holiday foods. This one is great whether you are low carb, just trying to eat healthier and get in those veggies, or if you just love the flavors of takeout at home! Speaking of takeout, be sure to get our easy made at home Lo Mein recipe on your menu too!
Egg Roll Bowl Recipe Notes:
- I tend to use ground chicken in this most often because we like the flavor best. You can use ground pork, beef, or turkey and they all work well and taste amazing!
- This dish is great for meal prepping and holds up well! It serves 4-6 so go ahead and double the recipe if you want it for dinner and lunches during the week. I just store it in the fridge in a large zip-top bag and scoop a cup or two out when I want it. It keeps its great flavor for up to 4 days.
- If you prefer to save time you can purchase pre-shredded carrots or even cabbage! For one batch, you can use a large bag of "slaw mix" without any coleslaw dressing of course. Use two bags if you double it!
- The amount of seasoning for this recipe comes from sesame oil, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Make sure you give it a taste because my amounts are a great starting point. You can also add in more Sriracha or even some red pepper flakes if you like more of a kick to your food.
- Another little tip that might be my favorite! I didn't show it here in the photos but I love to mix together about 1 Tablespoon of Mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of Sriracha to drizzle over this! It's so good! Another option is to make up some Yum Yum Sauce - it's amazing too.
Egg Roll Bowls
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Paste or Minced Ginger
- 1 ½ Pounds Ground Chicken**
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Large Green Cabbage Cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Large Carrots Peeled and Shredded
- ½ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice Freshly Squeezed
- Optional garnishes: freshly chopped spring onions and sesame seeds
- Heat a large wok or frying pan over medium heat and add the sesame oil and onion. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Then add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes, or just until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle in the salt and pepper and cook through. Drain the excess liquid from the pan and return to the heat.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and pour in the soy sauce and stir until combined.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the cabbage and carrots become soft.
- Pour in the lime juice and serve with fresh spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers and eat within 4 days.