Easy Creamy Berry Salad is packed full of yogurt, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries! Poppyseeds give this fruit salad great texture and the dressing is simple and sweet!
Well, hi, I'm back! If you follow along with me on Instagram, you'll know that we took a two week hiatus from the blog to get married and do the honeymoon thing! We ate SO MUCH amazing food during our two weeks in Mexico. I can't complain at all because everything was amazing, but, it was nice to get home and have a light and fresh fruit salad. I was honestly craving something on the "lighter" side on the way home. This berry salad was just what we needed, and it's perfect for a potluck, a light breakfast, or even a fun dinner side with your fave meat. If you're looking for more summer sides definitely try my Macaroni Salad and my Raspberry Peach Cheesecake Salad!
How To Make Creamy Berry Salad:
SO SIMPLE. It's summer, it's hot outside, let's keep it easy.
- First things first, whip up a simple dressing. Vanilla yogurt, a squeeze of lemon, vanilla extract, a pinch of cinnamon, and poppyseeds for some texture make up the dressing. You can use plain Greek yogurt, but your salad will be more tart, and I'd leave out the lemon.
- The only real work here is cutting up your strawberries. Wash all of your berries. Add the blueberries and raspberries to a bowl. Slice the stems off of the strawberries, then slice them thin.
- Once all of your berries are in a bowl, pour over your dressing, mix, and serve!
I do recommend serving this right away as soon as your yogurt dressing is mixed with the berries. If you'd like to make it ahead, keep the dressing and berries separate. Then, mix and eat within 24 hours. If you stir everything together and chill before serving, the salad is still fine. But, your yogurt will most likely turn a shade of pink! If you don't mind that, feel free to make ahead!
Easy Creamy Berry Salad
- 1 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Pound Fresh Strawberries stems removed and sliced
- 12 Ounces Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Pint Fresh Blueberries
- In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, poppy seeds, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Add the sliced strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries to a large serving bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the berries and stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.