Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce is so easy to make for a great, homemade, Italian sauce! Ground beef is simmered all day with spices for tons of mouthwatering flavor!
I'd say it's pretty much common knowledge that we eat a lot of spaghetti around here! It's definitely my son's favorite meal, he even comes equipped with a spaghetti fork. Yes, it's an actual thing. Anyway, you guys all have loved my Instant Pot Spaghetti and my classic Bolognese Sauce, so obviously it was time for me to give you another way to enjoy this meal. Also, the bolognese is the perfect sauce for those of you that want a stove top and not a slow cooker version! Some of you that have made the spaghetti in the Instant Pot like it, but would rather not have the pasta cooked in the sauce, and still have a nice flavor from a sauce that has been properly simmered. I hear you, and simmering the spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker all day is definitely the answer! This post is short and sweet, because there isn't much to the recipe! It's simple but so flavorful, and as always I encourage you to take my seasoning preference as a suggestion only! Feel free to play around with the seasonings to your own personal taste! This recipe freezes perfectly too, you can make a double batch and always have sauce on hand for an easy weeknight meal, my favorite!
Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce:
- To make this sauce, simply cook your ground beef in a bit of olive oil along with onion and garlic until the beef is no longer pink.
- Drain all of the fat (you don't want a greasy sauce) and place the meat in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the seasonings, and the can of crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Cover and let the sauce simmer over high heat for about 3 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Can I freeze Spaghetti Sauce?
YES! This sauce freezes perfectly! Once the sauce is cooled, you can store it in an airtight zip-top bag. Lay it flat in the freezer and store for up to 3 months. Allow the sauce to thaw for 8-10 hours in the refrigerator before reheating. When heating it back up, you can simmer on low on the stove for around 30 minutes, or just throw it in the slow cooker again on low for a few hours until it's warmed through.
Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1.5 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 15 Ounce Cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 28 Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook, crumbling the meat until no longer pink.
- Drain the grease from the meat and add to the slow cooker.
- Salt & pepper the meat to taste. Add in the Italian seasoning, sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the cans of tomato sauce, and the can of crushed tomatoes over the meat and stir.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve immediately with your favorite pasta.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.