Crockpot Queso Chicken can be served as an appetizer dip with tortilla chips or in a tortilla as a taco - either way, it’s always a real treat! This delicious shredded chicken always comes out creamy, tender, and loaded with cheesy fiesta flavors.
CROCKPOT QUESO CHICKEN:
If there’s one thing I think is universally loved by all, it’s gotta be queso. Gooey, melted cheese is ALWAYS a good idea. I mean, even vegans have created their own queso concoctions with various plant based ingredients to satisfy their cheesy cravings. With that being said, I’m certainly no vegan, and I like to load my slowly cooked queso with plenty of tender, shredded white meat chicken! When I’m not in the chicken mood, I usually make Queso Fundido, which has plenty of flavorful chorizo. Either way - give me the cheesy meats, please!
How to Serve Crockpot Queso Chicken:
Is it an appetizer or an entree? Well… why not both?! If you’re serving this cheesy chicken dip at a potluck or Cinco De Mayo party, consider keeping it right in the bowl of your Crockpot on the “warm” setting with a bowl full of tortilla chips next to it. That way, your queso chicken will serve as a dip that’ll keep the party going for hours!
The beauty of this chicken Crockpot recipe is that it also doubles as an easy weeknight dinner. The whole family will love tacos filled with queso chicken, lettuce, and sour cream! As much as I love traditional ground beef tacos, I might just love these bad boys even more.
How to Make Queso Chicken in the Crockpot
Add the ingredients to the slow cooker. Add the chicken to your Crockpot, then pour the salsa and queso on top evenly. Sprinkle the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin powder on top, then gently stir the top around without moving the chicken. Add the cream cheese on top.
Slow cook the queso chicken. Cover and cook on high for 2 ½ hours, or on low for 4-5 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Shred the chicken. Remove the chicken from the pot and set it in a large bowl then use 2 forks or an electric mixer to shred the chicken.
Stir it all together. Stir the cream cheese in the sauce until melted then stir in the shredded chicken.
How to Store Slow Cooker Queso Chicken
Have any leftovers? Sounds good! This queso chicken will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The best part? It reheats like a gem either in the microwave or right back in your Crockpot.
Ingredients Notes for Crockpot Queso Chicken
Paprika - I like using plain paprika, but you can add a smokey element to the queso by using smoked paprika instead.
Cream Cheese - When choosing what cream cheese to use, it can really be any brand - just make sure it’s not low fat! Using a low fat cream cheese certainly won’t ruin your queso chicken, but it won’t be as thick and creamy as it would be with a full fat cream cheese.
Crockpot Queso Chicken
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breasts 3-4 breasts
- 2 Cups Salsa as spicy as you like
- 1 15-oz Jar Queso Dip
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese cut into pieces
- Serving: tortillas sour cream, cheese, chips, tomatoes, olives, lettuce, jalapenos, onions.
- Add the chicken to your crockpot then pour the salsa and queso on top evenly.
- Sprinkle the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin powder on top then gently stir the top around without moving the chicken.
- Add the cream cheese on top then cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set it in a large bowl then use 2 forks or an electric mixer to shred the chicken.
- Stir the cream cheese in the sauce until melted then stir in the shredded chicken.
- Add it to a large bowl and sprinkle with shredded cheese and freshly minced cilantro then serve with tortilla chips or serve it as tacos in a tortilla with sour cream and shredded lettuce if desired.
Leave a Reply