Crockpot Chicken Fajitas - treat yourself to a homemade dinner without breaking a sweat! Chicken breasts are sliced and slow cooked with a medley of bold ingredients like chunky salsa, bell peppers, and mouthwatering seasonings.
Why Make Chicken Fajitas in the Crockpot?
Listen, I get it! We all love a sizzling platter of fajitas. However, these slow cooked chicken, onions, and peppers are just as good as those restaurant-style fajitas, even though they lack a certain sizzle. When slow cooked in a medley of bold spices, the chicken and veggies become infused with tender texture and plenty of flavor. Trust me, thanks to the slow cooker, these easy fajitas are anything but bland!
A huge upside to using the Crockpot as opposed to a skillet or grill to make fajitas is also the ease of it all. This recipe couldn’t be more simple! Just pop all of your ingredients into the slow cooker, then let it do the work for you. If you love this easy dinner, try our favorite Crockpot Beef and Broccoli too!
How to Store Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Once they’ve fully cooled to room temperature, you can store any leftover Chicken Fajitas you have in an airtight food storage container in the fridge. Properly stored, your leftovers should stay nice and fresh for up to 5 days! If you want, you can make this a freezer meal too. Just combine everything (raw chicken, sliced veggies, and seasonings) in a freezer bag. Freeze up to 3 months.
What to Serve with Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Once your slow cooked chicken, peppers, and onions are wrapped up in a tortilla with your favorite toppings, these fajitas can easily be served as a meal all on their own. However, there are definitely some side dishes that plate perfectly with these chicken fajitas if you’re looking to make a bigger meal out of this recipe! Here are just a few that I love. Hot cooked brown or white rice, sour cream, cheese, melted queso, guacamole, lettuce and tomatoes!
A Couple of Notes for Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
1. Seasonings - The seasonings in this recipe make the fajitas bold and flavorful without adding heat. However, you can turn up the spice level by adding some cayenne powder! Just be careful, as a little bit goes a long way.
2. Chunky Salsa - I usually use Pace Picante when making this easy recipe, but really any jar of chunky salsa will get the job done. You can use red or green salsa, whichever is your preference. I've used both and either way it's delicious!
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- 1 ½ Pounds Chicken Breast cut into ½ inch thick strips
- 1 Cup Salsa like Pace picante
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt plus more to taste
- Serving: limes sour cream, guacamole, cilantro and tortillas.
- Add all the ingredients to your crockpot then stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- Stir then serve in tortillas with sour cream, guacamole and freshly minced cilantro for garnish if desired.