Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken is a simple to make, dump and go slow cooker recipe! This chicken has the most amazing sauce and comes out so tender every time!
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken:
Teriyaki chicken made super easy, and it tastes way better than take out! I can't stop raving about the sauce, it's so mouthwatering! This chicken is a classic "dump and go" recipe for the slow cooker, with hardly any prep time involved at all. My favorite thing is that this recipe uses lots of pantry staples, so you may already have what you need to make it! The sauce is really simple, and no marinade time required at all. The sauce also has really easy to find ingredients, no secret surprises here! The other wonderful thing about take out/fake out dishes like this one, is that it is way healthier! It's a nice comfort food or fast food craving satisfier with out all of the extra grease and calories. I love all of our take out at home dishes, like this Easy Lo Mein recipe and of course the Best Hibachi Chicken! This one has also become a family favorite, I'll always love my slow cooker the most!
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe Notes:
- I recommend using low sodium soy sauce for this recipe for best results. I always use low sodium soy sauce, pretty much exclusively so that I can control the saltiness of the dish
- You can see from the photos that we used chicken thighs, but chicken breasts work just as well! What's great about this chicken dish is the ability to use boneless/skinless breasts or thighs, or you can use bone in! Just make sure to shred the chicken from the bones and discard them before serving.
- This recipe uses Asian style sweet chili sauce, which is a bit different from chili garlic sauce. It's typically easy to find in any grocery store. If you can't find it, use chili garlic sauce, and omit the extra garlic if desired.
- This recipe makes a lot of chicken, but it also freezes really well! You can cook as directed and freeze all, or even just half of the recipe for up to three months! Make sure to thaw overnight in the fridge, then just warm over medium heat in a large pot until everything is warmed through.
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- ½ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Minced Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs or Breasts
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- ¼ cup of cold water
- Optional: cooked Jasmine rice green onions and crushed peanuts for serving
- Mix the soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic paste, ginger paste and pepper together.
- Place the chicken down in the crockpot and pour the sauce ingredients over the chicken, making sure to coat all of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Mix the cornstarch and cold water together and pour it over the chicken and stir to combine.
- Cover again and cook for another hour, or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the sauce has thickened significantly. (The sauce will also begin to thicken as it cools.)
- Serve with rice and garnish with fresh green onions, crushed peanuts and sesame seeds.