Creamy Parmesan Tuna Pasta is the easiest one pot tuna and noodles recipe! Tender pasta comes together with flavorful tuna, garlic, and parmesan cream sauce for a flavorful dinner ready in 20 minutes!
Tuna casserole or tuna pasta is a very comforting dish that most of us probably remember from our childhoods. My recipe for tuna pasta today is similar to the classic tuna casserole, but really updated to be much more flavorful and super fast to make on the stovetop in one skillet.
Since everyone has raved so much about my Creamy Parmesan One Pot Chicken and Rice I wanted to create a tuna pasta version of the same dish!
How to Make Tuna Pasta:
To make tuna pasta you will start out by cooking a diced onion along with couple cloves of minced garlic over medium heat in a large skillet. Your skillet should be big enough to complete the entire meal from start to finish, this will be about 12 inches in size.
Next, you will simply need to add your frozen bag of peas (no need to thaw!) along with your flaked tuna, chicken broth, noodles, and seasoning.
Once this mixture comes to a boil you will want to reduce your heat to low, cover the pot with a lid, and allow it to cook stirring once for about 10 minutes.
If you don't have a lid for your large skillet you will cook the same way turning the heat to low and allowing the mixture to simmer. The only difference is that without a lid you will want to make sure you stir every 2-3 minutes while the tuna pasta cooks.
Once your noodles are soft you can remove the pan from the heat and add in your cream and parmesan cheese. Note that if you prefer you can use half & half or milk for this recipe.
Creamy Parmesan Tuna Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 8 Ounces Egg Noodles
- 2 2.6 Ounce Packages Tuna
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ⅓ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the diced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring for one minute.
- Add the frozen peas, salt pepper, Italian seasoning, egg noodles, tuna, broth, and water to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low, cover skillet and simmer for 10 minutes until noodles are soft.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cream and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.