Creamy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are tender, juicy, flavor packed and ready in 30 minutes! These chicken meatballs are perfect as a sub sandwich, with pasta, or as a party appetizer!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
You guys are going to love the sauce on these chicken meatballs! Also, the fact that they come together really fast for a nice 30 minute dinner or appetizer. There is nothing like a meatball that is nicely seared on the outside, then coated in a mouthwatering sauce! Our sauce has that spicy buffalo kick you are looking for, but is also thick and rich from the addition of sour cream! If you’re looking for more meatball recipes, try out our Chicken Alfredo Meatball Subs too, they’re a reader favorite!
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
This recipe originally came to me as an appetizer, but can also be a main dish! If serving as an appetizer, you might want to double the recipe. I’d say as a main dish this serves four, with four meatballs per person. You can also make smaller meatballs to serve 5-6 per person if you wish. If serving as a main dish there is enough sauce to serve this with your favorite pasta or rice! You can also double the sauce if you’d like! My personal favorite way to eat these is on a sub roll! Toast your subs under your broiler with a bit of butter, then just add the meatballs and eat! If you are looking for a veggie to pair them with, try out our Roasted Green Beans.
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Meatball Recipe Notes:
- We use Frank’s red hot sauce for this recipe. Make sure you are purchasing the regular hot sauce, not the wings sauce! The addition of butter makes this a “buffalo” sauce and the sour cream tones down the heat a little. You can use any vinegar based hot sauce for this recipe, but Frank’s is best!
- I recommend serving this with extra sour cream for dolloping, or dipping! You can also serve it up with your favorite ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, or even cheddar or blue cheese crumbles on top! It’s also great with sliced green onions, or even just some fresh parsley to brighten it up a bit.
- Ground chicken is pretty easy to find, and you can use fat free or regular. If you can’t find ground chicken, feel free to sub with ground turkey. I haven’t tried this with beef, so I can’t say how the taste would be.
- This recipe will hold up in the refrigerator for about 3 days and you can reheat in the microwave. The sauce doesn’t freeze well, but the meatballs will! If you want, make the meatballs ahead, or even make extra for later and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before making and adding into the sauce to heat through.
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- In a large bowl mix together the ground chicken, panko, egg, garlic, and seasonings just until combined.
- Form the meat mixture into 12-16 meatballs with your hands until there is no mixture left. Set aside on a large plate.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry half of the meatballs in the oil, stir them every thirty seconds to avoid burning and cook for about 6 minutes, or until they developed a light golden crust and have cooked through.
- Remove them from the pan, cook the remaining meatballs in the pan and remove them from the pan as well. Set aside.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients together, except the sour cream, in the frying pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes to allow the brown sugar to fully dissolve and the rest of the sauce to thicken a bit.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Serve immediately with your favorite pasta, rice, or in hoagie rolls or buns as a sandwich. These can also be served as they are as an appetizer.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.