A super quick weeknight dinner! Hash browns loaded up with taco flavors in this easy, cheesy, family friendly meal!
Guys. Everything about this casserole screams winter comfort. There is nothing I like more than hearty, cheesy goodness in the middle-o-winter.
I also love tacos (who doesn’t) and changing up that typical taco Tuesday with something different every once in a while.
This is like taco Tuesday that you can make taco Wednesday out of as well. It makes a BIG pan full. Easy dinner one night, tasty leftovers the next. Winning the week!
So, what do we have in this beauty?
I use frozen, thawed hashbrowns.
Taco seasoned ground beef.
Fiesta nacho cheese soup. I use Campbell’s brand, but you can pick what you like or check out my Homemade Cream of Mushroom if canned soup isn’t your thing.
Shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream.
Mix it all up, toss it in the oven, go nuts with toppings if that’s what makes you happy, and dinner is served. Boom.
So, so, stinking easy! Cozy, comfort food perfection.
Cheesy Taco Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 2 Pound Bag Frozen Hash Browns Thawed
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Can Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup I use Campbell's
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Salsa
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese I use cheddar and monterrey jack
- Optional Toppings: Green onions, tomato, black olives, avocado
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain beef and place back into skillet. Add taco seasoning and garlic powder to beef with 1/4 cup of water. Cook until water is absorbed.
- In a large casserole dish mix together the soup, sour cream, and salsa. Add the cooked beef, hash browns, and cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly. If desired, add more cheese to the top of the casserole and place back into oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.