Beef and Broccoli Ramen Soup is a quick and easy ramen noodle soup recipe that’s easy on the budget! Your family will love the savory broth packed full of Asian flavors!
Yes, more ramen noodles! When you guys are loving my Sesame Garlic Ramen Noodles and my Thai Peanut Ramen Noodles so much, how can I not give you more of a good thing? I wanted to squeeze in at least one more comfy soup recipe before our weather starts to warm up and I think this soup is just the thing. It gets away from some of the heavier soups that we enjoy in the winter, but, it’s still really cozy and flavorful and perfect for a cold evening.
You know the drill on ramen soup, pre-packaged noodles that are cooked in water and a seasoning packet. Or, you might have a favorite Asian restaurant where you can get some great ramen cooked in a savory broth. This recipe is a mixture of those things. My ramen soup has a super good beef broth that is similar to hot and sour soup. We do use the packaged ramen because they’re simply easy for people to get their hands on, and they’re budget friendly.
How to Make Beef and Broccoli Ramen Soup:
- To start, you’ll cook your ground beef in sesame oil with onion, garlic, and ginger. I recommend using the leanest ground beef that you can.
- Drain any grease, return the beef to the pot and add in your broth, soy sauce, vinegar, and sriracha.
- Allow the soup to come to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add in your broccoli and your ramen. Simmer for about 5 more minutes, breaking up the noodles and stirring as you go.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the remaining sesame oil. Then, you’re ready to eat!
NOTE: This soup is generally best eaten right after it’s cooked. You can save leftovers in the fridge for a couple of days. Keep in mind that when you reheat this, the noodles will absorb more liquid and it won’t be as “soupy” any longer.
Also note that I always recommend using LOW SODIUM soy sauce in a recipe like this. If you don’t, the salty-ness can totally overpower the entire dish.
Beef and Broccoli Ramen Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 5 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar, or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 3 (3 Ounce) Packages Instant Ramen Noodles, Spice Packet Discarded
- 3 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef, sliced onion, garlic, ginger, and salt & pepper to taste. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meet until no longer pink.
- Drain all of the grease and return the meat to the pot.
- Add the beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar, and sriracha and stir well.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the instant ramen and the broccoli and stir. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until the noodles and broccoli are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the additional teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Serve immediately.