Bacon Fajita Casserole Breakfast Meal Prep – This bacon fajita breakfast casserole makes for a tasty and easy to make breakfast option for meal prep, a healthier weekend brunch, or a tasty choice for low carb!
Happy Wednesday, guys! This breakfast casserole was a bit of a happy accident. I wanted a healthier casserole for breakfast one Saturday morning, and pretty much just grabbed ahold of whatever goodness I had hanging out in my refrigerator.
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about fajita seasoned eggs. But I knew with all of the onions and peppers I needed to use up, this had to happen. Happy to report that we completely fell in love. The eggs are so flavorful mixed together with crispy bacon, sauteed peppers and onions, and cheese (of course) that I could eat this every single day and not get tired of it.
That’s where the meal prep addition came in! I’m not a big breakfast eater during the week. I like to wake up and get right to work. But, if I don’t eat something I find myself starving and devouring whatever I can get my hands on a few hours later.
I’ve been meal prepping this casserole for a couple of weeks now, and I typically usually have it for lunch! I like to have a quick smoothie in the morning, and then I get to look forward to this decadent tasting but healthy casserole for noon-time.
For those of you that may wonder, I do not follow any specific type of diet. However, I do like to eat healthier and get some good fruits and veggies in as much as I can. Don’t worry, I’ll still be bringing plenty of comfort food recipes your way.
How To Make Bacon Fajita Casserole Breakfast Meal Prep:
You will dice up your bacon while it is still uncooked, then cook it as desired in a hot skillet. I like my bacon cooked until crispy. After that, remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate and wipe excess grease from the skillet.
I keep a couple of teaspoons of the bacon grease in the skillet and cook the onions and peppers in it. If you don’t like to cook with grease, simply drain all of it from the skillet and cook your peppers and onions in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
While the vegetables cook, whisk together your eggs with all of the seasonings and pour them into a lightly greased 9×9 inch pan.
Top your eggs with the bacon, veggies, and cheese. Pop it in the oven to bake, and your work is done!
I also like to serve this with little containers of salsa and sour cream.
Check out our video for this recipe below and follow along with us on Facebook where we always share the tastiest recipes!
Bacon Fajita Casserole Breakfast Meal Prep
- 1 Pound Bacon, Diced
- 3 Bell Peppers, Sliced
- 1 Red Onion, Sliced
- 8 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook the diced bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until slightly crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Wipe excess grease (all but a couple of teaspoons) from skillet.
- Cook the bell peppers in the same skillet for 4-5 minutes, until crisp tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking whisk the eggs together with the milk and seasonings in a large bowl. Pour egg mixture into prepared pan.
- Top the egg mixture with the cooked bacon, peppers, onions, and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve this immediately. Or, cut into four portions and place in individual containers for meal prep. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.