Amazing Pumpkin Hummus is savory, silky smooth, and the perfect dip for fall! You can serve this easy hummus with your favorite pita and veggies for dipping!
This is such an amazing dip for fall, to share, or to keep all to yourself because it is so good! I love a good savory pumpkin recipe, like our Pumpkin Soup and this dip is super satisfying! This is a great make ahead dip to keep and snack on for several days, and the flavors just get even better as they sit and develop! This hummus is made easy, using canned pumpkin, but if you like to roast your own, you sure can. For a sweeter pumpkin recipe I really like our Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip, but this hummus satisfies all of the daily savory cravings I have. You only need a few ingredients really to make this dish. You probably already have a lot of them, especially the seasonings on hand! We use pumpkin, tahini, chickpeas, lemon, garlic and other savory spices, and of course some good olive oil to make it creamy! Throw everything in the food processor and you're good to go, easiest recipe ever! Since it's officially fall, and we're dreaming of all things pumpkin, be sure to try our Pumpkin Bread and drool worthy homemade Pumpkin Butter out this year too!
Pumpkin Hummus Recipe Notes:
- Make this ahead if you have the time! It lasts stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. I like to make it at least a few hours in advance before digging in to give the flavors time to mingle.
- We love serving this with any traditional hummus dippers! Our favorites are: pita chips, pita bread, apples, veggies like cucumber or carrots, or pretzels are all great. Experiment with what you love the most!
- If you want to take this hummus to the next level, try topping it with garnishes! Things like toasted sesame seeds, chopped green onions, fresh chives, parsley, and everything bagel seasoning are all amazing.
- I find this hummus to be the perfect texture how it's written. If you want it even smoother, you can blend in an extra 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil until you get it as smooth as you want!
- Make this dip your own by playing around with the spices! You can town the spices listed down if you are sensitive to spice. Or, if you want a spicier hummus, add in more cayenne pepper!
Amazing Pumpkin Hummus
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans drained
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Optional: Toasted sesame seeds and herbs to garnish
- In a food processor, grind the lemon juice, tahini and garlic until well incorporated.
- Add the garbanzo beans and olive oil and grind until a paste forms. If your food processor is struggling, you can add a bit more oil.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and continue to grind until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight. container for. 3-4 days.