Taco Chicken Mac and Cheese is an easy one pot mac and cheese that is so rich and creamy! This simple macaroni and cheese is full of chicken, green chilies, and two kinds of cheese!
If there’s one thing we can always agree on for dinner in my house it’s a big warm bowl of gooey mac and cheese! We absolutely love my Bacon Mac and Cheese and the super simple Instant Pot Mac and Cheese too. I am always trying to come up with even easier one-pot recipes for you guys and this one is a major winner. We could not stop eating it! The chicken is so juicy and tender with tons of taco flavor and the green chili’s taste great with that cheesy macaroni.
How to Make Chicken Mac and Cheese:
- For this one-pot chicken mac and cheese, you will first dice up your chicken into bite-sized pieces and then season with taco seasoning and garlic powder. Then, sear the diced chicken in olive oil until browned.
- Next, you will reduce your heat to medium-low and add the macaroni, broth, milk, butter, and diced green chili to the pan.
- Allow this mixture to come to a simmer, then cover and simmer for about 12-15 minutes until the macaroni is cooked through.
- Then, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted and serve!
This chicken mac and cheese is great served with your favorite taco toppings like diced tomatoes, onions, green olives, and a dollop of sour cream if you wish!
Taco Chicken Mac and Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Breasts, Cut into Bite-Sized Pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 16 Ounces Macaroni Noodles
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 4 Ounce Can Diced Green Chili's
- 1 Cup Freshly Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Freshly Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with the taco seasoning and garlic powder and add to the hot skillet.
- Sear the chicken on all sides until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the macaroni, chicken broth, milk, butter and green chili's to the pan.
- SImmer, stirring frequently for 12-15 minutes until macaroni is tender.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the cheese until melted.