Rich and chewy, thick chocolate cookies that are packed full of m&m candies!
Remember, sharing is caring! PIN IT right HERE!
These super easy cookies are a chocolate lovers, candy craving, cookie adoring persons dream come true!
They came about this week when my daughter came home from school and announced that she desperately wanted to bake some chocolate cookies.
I was like, eeeewwww no way, I hate baking, ugh, what are you even talking about. After my daughters eyeballs almost got stuck in the back of her head from rolling them at me…..the best soft chocolate cookies I have ever put in my face were born.
I’m going to have to brag a little bit here. My little mini me didn’t only mean she wanted to eat some chocolate cookies, she actually wanted to bake these cookies. She wanted to bake them by herself.
I stood back, read the recipe, and off to work she went with her little bad self.
She even opened the oven and put the cookie sheet in for the first time. I only freaked out and cringed just a little.
Personally, I’m thinking we need to have more impromptu baking sessions around here because these came on a whim and completely blew my mind.
Luckily we had company coming over and they were most happy to help us devour these babies.
And, Bailey was most happy to let everyone know that she made them all on her own, of course.
You’re only two bowls and 20 minutes away from chocolate m&m dreamland, folks!
What are you waiting for?
I sound like an infomercial.
Printable recipe for you below.
- 1 and 1/2 Sticks salted butter room temperature
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 Tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 3/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups m&m candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl using stand or handheld mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the creamed mixture and mix on medium speed 1-2 minutes, until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With your mixer on low, add the dry ingredients slowly (in thirds) into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the m&m's.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will look under baked.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.