Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken is an easy to make entree that’s equal parts flavorful and delightfully simple! Chicken breasts, potatoes, and sausage are slow cooked in a medley of bold ingredients. If you love real Cajun flavor, this easy and hearty dinner recipe is the one for you!
SLOW COOKER CAJUN CHICKEN
Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken is a comfort meal that never fails to satisfy everyone gathered around the dinner table! Chicken, sausage, and potatoes are sure to fill you up with plenty of protein all while the flavor of this crazy good dinner keeps your taste buds satisfied. Cajun seasoning is the main star of the flavor palate, and it’s complemented with garlic in a downright delicious way. As this chicken dinner slowly cooks, it’ll fill your whole house with the most delicious savory smell that’ll draw everyone to the kitchen to see what’s for dinner. If you love Cajun seasoning, try out our Cajun Rice and Beans and our Cajun Garlic Baked Salmon too!
What does Cajun seasoning taste like?
If you’re not already familiar with Cajun seasoning, prepare to meet what might just be your new favorite seasoning mix! It’s a blend of herbs and bold spices that creates a signature savory flavor. It’s a little spicy and earthy and really does wonders to this simple slow cooked chicken dinner.
How to Make Cajun Chicken in the Slow Cooker
Place everything in the Crockpot. Add all of the ingredients, except the green onions to your slow cooker then stir to combine.
Cook. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 ½ hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Serve and enjoy! Stir in the green onions then add more salt to taste and serve with cooked white rice and additional green onions for garnish if desired.
Storing Cajun Chicken
If you have leftovers, consider yourself lucky! This easy dinner holds up very well in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just be sure to keep it stored in an airtight container. You can reheat your leftover Cajun Chicken either in the microwave or right back in the Crockpot.
Ingredients Notes for Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken
Cajun Seasoning – Any brand should get the job done! You can add a little extra if you’d like, but keep in mind that Cajun seasoning often has a little kick to it, so it might make your dish too spicy if you’re heavy handed with it.
Salt – This may be omitted if you find that the Cajun seasoning is salty enough. Some store bought brands tend to be on the saltier side, so season accordingly.
Sausage – For the more authentic Cajun flavor, use a smoked andouille sausage. If you can’t find any, kielbasa works just fine!
Potatoes – I prefer using yellow potatoes for this recipe because they always turn out SO tender after cooking in the Crockpot! Plus, their subtle natural sweetness helps to balance out the kick from the Cajun seasoning.
Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken
- 3 Chicken Breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Yellow Potatoes about 2 ½ cups once cut, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Pound Smoked Sausage sliced
- 1 15-oz Can Diced Tomatoes, with the sauce
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Red Bell Pepper deseeded and chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 3 Cloves Garlic finely minced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Green Onions
- Serving: white rice and sliced green onions
- Add all of the ingredients, except the green onions to your slow cooker then stir to combine.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2 ½-3 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir in the green onions then add more salt to taste and serve with cooked white rice and additional green onions for garnish if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.