One Pot Creamy Corn Pasta is one of our favorite corn recipes made fast in 20 minutes! Penne comes together with corn, herbs, cream cheese and parmesan for an easy dinner everyone will love!
This pasta is absolutely loaded with some of the very best flavors, it tastes so creamy, and it’s a perfect quick summer dinner! Plus, our One Pot Recipes are some of your favorites, so it was time to get a new one up! I love this dish just the way it is with lots of corn, basil, oregano, thyme, a good squeeze of lemon and plenty of cheese! But, if you really want you can definitely add some Shredded Chicken or even make some Grilled Chicken Thighs to go along with it and make it extra hearty. The star of the show of our corn pasta is definitely the bread crumb topping in my opinion! It is optional, but don’t skip it unless you have too. It only takes about 3-4 minutes to toast up your breadcrumbs right in the same skillet you cook everything else in! It adds a great texture and a bit of saltiness and some garlic flavor!
Creamy Corn Pasta Recipe Notes:
- I like to use green onions in this recipe because they are mild and don’t take over the whole dish. When slicing them, make sure to slice from the whites up to the green part. Then, separate them because you will use the white part of the onion during cooking and the green for topping.
- For the breadcrumbs, you can use any you have on hand! Panko, plain breadcrumbs, or Italian flavored are all just fine here.
- You can use fresh corn, frozen, or canned here. You will want 3 cups of corn total which is about 4-5 ears of corn, or two cans.
- For the cream cheese, you can use full fat or light. Or, if you don’t like cream cheese you can sub it out with about 1/3-1/2 cup of either mascarpone or even ricotta cheese.
- Penne is what I typically use for this dish because I always have some one hand! But, you can use whatever short cut pasta you have. Macaroni, small pasta shells, rigatoni, or rotini are all fine. I have not tested this with longer pasta such as spaghetti or fettuccine.
One Pot Creamy Corn Pasta
- 4 Tablespoons Butter Divided
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced and Divided
- 1/2 Cup Panko or Plain Breadcrumbs
- 6 Green Onions White and Green Parts Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano
- 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 3 Cups Corn
- 1 Pound Penne Pasta
- 3 1/2 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 6 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Heat 2 Tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add two cloves of garlic and the breadcrumbs and stir to coat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until breadcrumbs are toasted, about five minutes. Remove the breadcrumbs to a plate, wipe the skillet clean and return to the heat.
- Add the remaining butter, garlic, the white parts of the green onions, basil, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper and the corn kernels to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are soft.
- Add the pasta, broth, and milk to the skillet and turn the heat up to medium-high. Stir and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until the pasta is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the toasted breadcrumbs and the remaining green onions.