Ground Beef Fried Rice is a simple and super flavorful dinner made in 30 minutes! This mouthwatering meal will please the whole family, and it's freezer friendly!
We are so excited to be partnering with Kansas Beef! This post has been sponsored by the Kansas Beef Council, on behalf of the Kansas Beef Checkoff. I have received compensation, however, the recipe and opinions stated here are my own.
Like most families, we eat a lot of beef around here! I think we can all agree that beef is typically a meat the whole family can agree on. It's versatility is what I love the most and I wanted to develop a recipe around it that gets the whole family, even the kids excited to gather around the table for dinner! Ground beef is so easily attainable, quick to cook for busy families, and protein packed! Because it's full of protein, and supplies us with 10 essential nutrients, it's something I feel great about serving my family to keep us energized and moving! This ground beef fried rice uses beef in a way that is simple, but, I would still gladly serve this meal to company. It's also freezer friendly, so you can make a double batch and have an extra meal on hand for busy nights!
How To Make Ground Beef Fried Rice:
To start, you will heat your vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add in your ground beef, frozen veggies, garlic, and onion and cook until the beef is a savory 160 degrees F. Then, drain the beef and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
Place your skillet back on the heat and add your remaining vegetable oil, beaten eggs, along with salt and pepper to taste. I recommend going easy on the salt and pepper. Don't worry about constantly stirring the eggs. Use a spatula to gently move them around the pan until they're cooked through.
Once the eggs are cooked, move them to one side of the skillet. Add in your cold cooked rice, and add your ground beef mixture back to the pan. Drizzle with the soy sauce and the sesame oil. Stir with your spatula to make sure all of your ingredients are well combined. Then, cook for about 3 more minutes to make sure everything is heated through.
How To Freeze Ground Beef Fried Rice:
You can freeze a single, or double batch of this fried rice! Once the recipe is completely cooked, allow it to cool completely. Then, divide as desired into zipper-top freezer safe plastic bags. Label the bags if desired, and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 or 4 months. To reheat the rice from frozen, you will want to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, add 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet, add the ground beef and rice mixture and cook stirring occasionally until you reach 160 degrees F as measured with a food thermometer.
Ground Beef Fried Rice
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil, DIVIDED
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- ½ Yellow Onion, Chopped
- ½ Cup Frozen Peas
- ½ Cup Frozen Corn
- ½ Cup Frozen Carrots
- ½ Teaspoon Powdered Ginger
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 3 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- ¼ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 3 Green Onions, Sliced
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef, garlic, onion, peas, corn, carrots, ginger, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, breaking the meat up as you go for 6-8 minutes, until the beef is 160 degrees F.
- Drain the meat well and transfer to a plate.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add another 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Add the beaten eggs, cooking and stirring occasionally until scrambled.
- Push the eggs to the side of the pan and add in the rice and ground beef.
- Drizzle evenly with soy sauce and sesame oil and stir, cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top with green onions as desired.
- TO FREEZE: Allow the beef fried rice to cool completely in the refrigerator. Transfer to a freezer safe, zip-top plastic bag. Store in the freezer for 3 to 4 months.
- TO REHEAT: Allow the frozen fried rice to thaw in the refrigerator overnight, add 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the ground beef fried rice and cook, stirring occasionally until you reach 160 degrees F as measured with a food thermometer.