This Greek Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken is very easy to make and incredibly flavorful. Roasted chicken thighs are quickly marinated in a few ingredients and baked with Kalamata olives, tomatoes and Feta cheese until crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. The perfect and quick baked chicken thighs dish everyone will love!
Hi everyone, I am Kathy from Lemon Blossoms and this is my first time posting here. I am excited to be part of the contributor team at The Salty Marshmallow. I have been blogging for a little bit over a year although I have worked as a Chef my entire adult life (that feels like a long time!).
Greek Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken is one of those chicken recipes I make over and over again. Not only for its simplicity but for the amazing flavors you can achieve in a few simple steps and using one pan. The crispy skin is pure perfection, the chicken thigh meat is super flavorful and the pan juices are amazingly delicious! To top it all, roasted tomatoes, creamy feta cheese and briny Kalamata olives make this baked chicken thigh dish incredibly flavorful!
How To Make Greek Lemon Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs
- I marinate the chicken thighs in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and a little bit of plain yogurt. The yogurt helps produce the most delicious pan sauce. Trust me you will want to drink the sauce with a spoon!
- You can marinate the chicken at room temperature for 15 minutes or you can refrigerate it and marinate it overnight if you have the time. I place all ingredients in a zip-top bag for easy cleanup.
- Next, you place the chicken with the marinade in an oven safe pan. I used a cast iron skillet but any baking dish works.
- Bake the chicken thighs at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and top the chicken with Kalamata olives, cubes of feta cheese and tomatoes (any small tomato variety – like cherry or grape tomato – works well). Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Love chicken thighs?Take a look at these Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs, they are easy to make and super tasty!
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup small tomatoes (cherry or grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
To make the marinade, place the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, yogurt, oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt and ground black pepper in a zip-top bag or a non-reactive bowl.
Lightly season the chicken thighs with salt. Place the chicken into the marinade and mix to combine making sure the chicken is coat evenly. Marinate for 15 minutes or up to 24 hours.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken, skin side up in a cast iron skillet or baking dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the skillet/baking dish from the oven and add the Feta cheese, tomatoes and Kalamata olives on top and in between the chicken pieces.
Return to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.