Fluffernutter Bars are a decadent and fun dessert that tastes like the fluffernutter sandwiches we loved growing up! A soft peanut butter bar is topped with marshmallow buttercream!
I have to tell you guys I am completely obsessed with these Fluffernutter bars! You can't go wrong with the classic combo of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. These bars are just like sinking your teeth into the softest peanut butter cookie you can imagine, that's topped with a dreamy layer of marshmallow buttercream.
This recipe comes from my very talented friend Allison's, brand new cookbook! She is the blogger behind Tornadough Alli and her book of mouthwatering dessert recipes is a must-have for baking season this year. It's up for grabs as of today too ------> Untraditional Desserts 100 Classic Treats With A Twist.
I'm loving this book because it's full of 100 creative dessert recipes that I haven't ever seen before. We have a copy of it on our coffee table and it's become the center of conversation anytime guests come by! The fluffernutter bars were first on my list because I simply love peanut butter so much. Like most all of the desserts in this book, they are so simple to make too! I've already ordered extra books to give out as Christmas gifts to all the bakers in my life and I can't wait to see them enjoy it!
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 7 Ounce Container Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Chopped Peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with a hand mixer until blended. Add in your eggs and vanilla extract until incorporated. Add in your peanut butter, and continue to beat until combined.
- In a bowl, whisk together the salt and flour. Slowly add to your wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spread into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the bars from the oven and let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, in a large bowl beat together the butter and marshmallow fluff. Add in your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until blended.
- Spread the frosting on the bars, and sprinkle peanuts on top.