Maple Cherry Slow Cooker Ham makes cooking a spiral ham so easy for all of your holiday meals! This ham has a delicious glaze full of maple, cherry, and brown sugar!
While I know that turkey is the traditional meat to grace the holiday table, I simply can't get enough of this ham! I love the rich flavors from the dark cherries, maple syrup, brown sugar, and dijon mustard. This spiral ham comes out so perfectly moist and juicy from the crockpot, the meat has just the right balance of salty and sweet! It's great along with Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Hashbrown Casserole, and Green Bean Casserole!
Maple Cherry Slow Cooker Ham:
If you haven't made ham in your slow cooker before, you should know that it's super simple. There are a few tips and tricks that will help you along the way!
- First things first, you will want to use a fully cooked spiral ham for this recipe. Some spiral hams come still raw. It will say on the package it is fully cooked or not.
- You will want a 6 quart or larger slow cooker for this recipe. An 8-pound ham will fit into a 6-quart slow cooker face down, no problem! If your ham is 10 pounds or more, you will want an 8 quart or larger crockpot.
- You may need to trim your ham a little. If you find that you have a difficult time fitting the lid on your slow cooker once the ham is inside, simply trim a bit from the back or bottom of the ham until it fits. You can then lay the extra pieces of trimmed ham inside the slow cooker so they don't go to waste.
- This ham MUST be cooked on low. Placing it on high for a shorter period of time is likely to burn the outside of the ham.
How do I cook a Ham in the Slow Cooker?
You will want to start by making the glaze. You can take your dark cherries that are at least partially thawed and add them to a blender or food processor. Next, add in the rest of your glaze ingredients from the recipe card below. Blend until you have a smooth mixture.
You will pour about ¼ of the glaze into the bottom of your slow cooker. Place the ham into the crockpot and pour over the remaining glaze, making sure to get it in between all of the ham slices. Then, turn the ham face (flat side) down. Cover with a lid and cook on low for 2-3 hours until heated through.
Easy Crock Pot Maple Cherry Glazed Ham
- 1 8-10 Pound Fully Cooked Spiral Ham
- 1 10 Ounce Package Frozen Dark Sweet Cherries**
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch, Optional
- 1 Tablespoon Cold Water, Optional
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, blend together the cherries, brown sugar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, and garlic powder until smooth.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add about ¼ of the glaze to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the ham and pour the glaze over the top, ensuring that you get some of the glaze in between the layers.
- Cover, cook on low for 2-3 hours, until heated through.
- OPTIONAL: Take 1 Cup of the glaze from the slow cooker after the ham is cooked. Pour into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir together the cornstarch and cold water. Whisk into the glaze until thickened. Remove from the stove and serve with the cooked ham.
Jyothi (Jo) says
This is great addition to the dinner table for the holiday season. Looks absolutely delicious!
Wow this ham looks really festive and super delicious. I already see this on our family table. I love the colour and softness of the meat. Really delicious recipe.
Jagruti Dhanecha says
Maple syrup, Dijon Mustard and cherries on top, surely a hit recipe for a festive season.
Claire | The Simple, Sweet Life says
I've never cooked a ham in a crock pot but I'm already in love with the idea! This would be perfect for our traditional Christmas ham. There's never enough oven space at those family events!
Carrie Ditton says
Oh my goodness! Pinned! My family is huge and at Thanksgiving we have a 20+ pound turkey AND a 15 pound ham! I am totally using this for Thanksgiving!
Leslie Haasch says
I love that you can just put the WHOLE ham in at once!
Amanda Mason says
This sounds absolutely amazing and I LOVE that you added Dijon Mustard to this recipe. That is one of my all time favorite ingredients!! So trying this this holiday season!
I have never cooked a ham in a slow cooker before. I really like this idea. Saving this, totally going to do this if I get to cook the main course this year. I think I will send this to my daughter to. Thanks!
I love meats that paired with tart fruits. Cherry and ham combo is so delightful!
Analida Braeger says
Wow! How creative. I'd never think to crockpot and season up a spiral ham. Your creation is simply decadent. I'll have to wow the family with this one at Christmas.
Elaine Benoit says
Mmmm. This ham looks excellent. I adore eating ham year round but especially at the holidays. I can't wait to try your recipe this Christmas as I know my family will love it!
I love making the holiday ham in the slow cooker. The flavours here sound so good. I know it would be the hit of the holiday dinner table.
Allyson Zea says
Wow this ham looks so moist and delicious!
This is absolutely perfect for the holidays, and the flavors are amazing!
Love the addition of the cherries...bet they add such great flavor! Looks so delicious!
Chrissie Baker says
This is a great idea for a festive table. Looks very tasty and of course I want to try. thanks
So easy and so delicious! I should try this recipe for a holiday dinner! Yummy!
That looks positively luscious, yum!
Oooh....I think this will definitely be the recipe I use for our Christmas ham this year!