Crockpot BBQ Little Smokies are easy to prepare with only a handful of ingredients! Little Smokies are simmered in a tangy, mouthwatering bbq sauce. Perfect for dinner or to feed a crowd!
Little Smokies are one of those things that I get a craving for every once in a while. I only remember having them at parties as a kiddo. But, now just like my Grape Jelly Meatballs, I like to make these for dinner too! It’s a simple dinner that everyone in the house agrees on. This recipe also makes enough for a decent sized crowd if you’re having your Little Smokies just as an appetizer!
How to Prepare Little Smokies:
- Little Smokies come fully cooked.
- Because they are fully cooked, in theory, you could just heat them up on the microwave or stove top since they taste better warm.
- I like to prepare ours with an easy bbq sauce and heat them in the slow cooker, it only takes about an hour for them to heat up.
Simply whisk together your BBQ sauce ingredients, pour them over the little smokies in the slow cooker and give it a good stir. Cover with the lid and be ready to eat in about an hour or two!
NOTE: I use the regular Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce when I make these. You can use your favorite brand! If you are using a sweet BBQ sauce like honey BBQ, you may want to leave out the brown sugar.
What are Little Smokies:
Little Smokies are simply smoked sausages! From what I have seen you can get them in regular, or beef. Any brand of Smokies is just fine for this recipe.
What goes with Little Smokies?
If you are serving these as an appetizer for a party, you can simply serve them with toothpicks. This makes them easy to eat so that your guests don’t get their hands messy.
If you are making Little Smokies for dinner they are great served with rice to soak up that tasty BBQ sauce! I typically will also make some kind of a side salad or other vegetable to go along with them. If you want something even more hearty, Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes would be great!
- 2 16 Ounce Packages Little Smokies
- 18 Ounces BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Hot Sauce Optional
- In a large bowl whisk together the bbq sauce, brown sugar, mustard, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
- Pour both packages of little smokies into the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour the sauce over the Smokies.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours or high for 1-2 hours until heated through.
Be sure to come and follow along with us on FACEBOOK where we share the yummiest recipes every day!