Creamy Spinach Mushroom Tortellini is an easy to make recipe with the best rich and creamy sauce! Ready in 15 minutes this is the perfect pasta for an easy dinner!
We absolutely love a good creamy pasta dish for a filling and simple weeknight dinner at our house! Especially when they’re easy! These are some of our other favorites: One Pot French Onion Chicken pasta, Easy Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta, Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta.
Creamy Spinach Mushroom Tortellini:
To make this tortellini recipe you will start with boiling your water and cooking the pasta according to package directions. I used refrigerated tortellini, but, frozen is fine as well!
While the pasta is cooking, you will saute your onions, garlic, and mushrooms for about 5 minutes until they’re tender.
By this point you can drain your tortellini and set aside. Then, season the vegetables and add the spinach into the pan. You will stir the spinach around constantly for 2-3 minutes until it is wilted.
Next, turn your heat to low and add the heavy cream to the pan. Then, stir in the parmesan until melted and add the pasta.
Tortellini is a pasta that comes in the shape of a ring. Typically it is stuffed with some kind of cheese or meat mixture. For this recipe, I always use cheese tortellini. However, you can use the beef, chicken, or cheese version, they’re all great!
What Sauce Goes with Tortellini?
Any kind of sauce is generally great with tortellini, everything from Homemade Pesto to Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce! For this recipe, the simple spices and cream sauce compliment the cheese filled pasta really well.
Make sure you’re following along on Facebook for the best recipe videos every day!
Creamy Spinach Mushroom Tortellini
- 1 20 Ounce Package Cheese Tortellini
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 10 Ounces Portabella Mushrooms Sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes Optional
- 5 Ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the diced onion, garlic, and mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if using.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and stir until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add the heavy cream to the pan.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Stir in the pasta.