Creamy Mushroom Wild Rice Recipe is the absolute best, easy to make in one pan wild rice! This rice is a perfect meatless main or side dish for any occasion!
I know some of you regular readers follow along with me on my Instagram stories and have been patiently waiting for this recipe! My daughter doesn't eat a whole lot of meat, so I am constantly trying new things that are quick and easy for me to make for her. She and everyone else in the house loved this creamy wild rice! I love that it only takes 20 minutes and one pot to make. It's a really nice side dish for dinner with Chicken Thighs!
How to Cook Wild Rice:
To start, you will heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute your onions, garlic, and mushrooms just until the vegetables are soft. This will take about 3-5 minutes.
Once your vegetables are tender, you can add your seasonings, wild rice, and broth to the pan. Stir the mixture and allow it to come to a boil. Once it's boiling you will cover the pan and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Keep in mind that you must bring this to a boil first, and you must maintain a simmer during the full cooking time otherwise your rice will not cook through.
After the 15 minutes of cooking time is up, remove your rice from the heat and allow it to stand, covered for 5 minutes. Next, you can stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese, just until the cheese is melted. Then, the rice is ready to serve!
Creamy Mushroom Wild Rice Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 8 Ounces Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Wild Rice**
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sliced mushrooms to the pan. Cook and stir occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the minced garlic and stir for one minute.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Add the broth and rice to the pan. Let the mixture come to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the rice to stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese.