Soft and chewy these Chocolate Chip Cookies are the ultimate way to satisfy your sweet tooth. No chilling involved, these cookies are delicious and foolproof.
I've never met a cookie that I didn't like, but if I were to have to choose Chocolate Chip Cookies would be the one go-to recipe I would make hands down. They are a classic comfort that you really can't go wrong with no matter the occasion. If you are a cookie lover like myself, you might also like these Easy No Bake Cookies and one of my personal favorites, The Best Monster Cookies!
HOW TO KEEP COOKIES SOFT:
This is the burning question everyone always asks, I'm a soft cookie person, I have no time for the crispy crunchy ones so let me tell you some tricks on how you can keep the cookies soft. One trick is to add a slice of bread to your storage container, the cookies will absorb moistures from the bread which in turns keeps them soft longer. Storing them in a zip top bag also really helps to keep them soft as well, keeping the air out of the bag.
The other tick is to pull the cookies out of the oven when the middle still looks slightly underbaked, they will keep cooking even once you remove from the oven, so to make sure that your Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe remains soft, this is a good rule to follow.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
- In a bowl whisk together your flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add your butter, sugar and brown sugar and mix until combined and fluffy.
- Next add in your eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, once mixed in add in your vanilla and beat until combined.
- Slowly add in your flour a little bit at a time until everything is just combined, then add your chocolate chips and fold into the dough.
- Using a large cookie scoop, or a ice cream scoop, place your cookies on an uncreased baking sheet at least 2" apart, then sprinkle with a little bit of flaked salt.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to turn slightly brown, remove and press in some more chocolate chips to the tops of cookies.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
CAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES BE FROZEN?
The answer to this is absolutely yes! Bake cookies as directed and let cool completely before placing onto a parchment paper line baking sheet in a single layer and freeze. Once cookies are frozen, place in a zip top storage bag and place back in the freezer, where they will keep 3-4 months. You can also freeze Chocolate Chip Cookie dough, to do this, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and using a cookie scoop drop your dough next to one another and place in freezer until solid, then remove and place in zip top bags, the dough will keep around 9-12 months.
These Chocolate Chip Cookies really are, soft chewy and absolutely delicious, with the addition of a sprinkling of salt (completely optional, but highly encouraged) on top, you have the perfect salty sweet combo. Soft, chewy and full of chocolate, you cannot go wrong with this super simple recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 bag chocolate chips plus extra for topping
- Flaked salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl, whisk together your flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer add your butter and both sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs on at a time until blended.
- Add in your vanilla until mixed in.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold in your chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto ungreased baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of flaked salt and bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and press extra chocolate chips on top and let cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.