Cajun Shrimp Pasta is an easy pasta dinner made in 30 minutes or less! This creamy fettuccine pasta recipe is irresistible and packed with cajun flavor.
Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor here to bring you this creamy cajun shrimp pasta. Pasta is the perfect comfort food and this easy pasta dinner is packed with flavor too. A few simple ingredients combine to create an easy 30 minute meal. If you love the flavors in this dish, then you will also love this One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta or Cajun Garlic Baked Salmon.
How to make cajun shrimp pasta:
- This recipe comes together easily. The first step is to cook your linguine noodles in a large pot until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the shrimp and sauce. Season the shrimp with olive oil and cajun seasoning. Cook the shrimp until opaque on both sides, then transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate.
- In the same pan, make the sauce by combining butter, garlic, heavy cream, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese. Constantly whisk and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Reserve some of the water from the cooked pasta. Add the water to the sauce if you want a thinner sauce.
- Then, add the pasta noodles to the pan with the sauce. Stir to coat the noodles. Now you are ready to serve the noodles with the cooked shrimp.
What to serve with shrimp pasta:
- Shrimp pasta makes a great dinner on its own. The pasta is hearty and filling.
- Serve it with lemon wedges and freshly chopped parsley for additional freshness and flavor.
- A simple side salad or Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower are the perfect addition to this meal!
- For extra carbs serve this pasta with some fresh bread and butter.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, combine the shrimp with olive oil and cajun seasoning; toss to combine.
- Heat a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook 3 to 5 minutes, flipping once, until opaque on each side. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate and repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Reduce the heat to medium and melt butter. Add garlic and allow it to brown for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Gradually whisk in the heavy cream and lemon zest. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, whisking constantly, until incorporated. Stir in the Parmesan and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly thickened. Stir in a few tablespoons of reserved pasta water if you want a thicker sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the sauce and stir to combine. Serve immediately topped with the shrimp, lemon wedges and parsley, for garnish.