BLT Chicken Chopped Salad is full of fresh chopped lettuce, juicy chicken, crispy bacon, and plenty of veggies! Learn how to make this easy chopped salad for lunch or dinner!
I have to say, I love a good salad, and I don't feel like I post enough of them on my blog! When a salad is done right, it can be anything but boring. I love this chopped salad because it's so hearty, filling, and flavorful! It's a nice change to the heavy foods we've had over the holidays. This makes a big bowl of salad too, so it's great to make ahead and store for lunches during the week. My kids even gobble this up no problem when we want a nice healthy supper!
How To Make Chopped Salad:
- Start with a head of iceberg lettuce, remove any brown outer leaves then chop up the lettuce as desired with a large knife.
- Make sure to wash and dry your lettuce well. I like to do this even if the package says "pre-washed"
- For this recipe, I like to bake the chicken in the oven. I can season it, get it in the oven and cook the bacon and finish chopping the veggies at that time.
- Once your chicken is baked and out of the oven, place it on a cutting board and allow it to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Place your chopped lettuce, veggies, cheese, and crumbled bacon in a large serving bowl as desired.
- Dice up the chicken and toss into the salad. Then, top with your favorite dressing and serve.
- NOTE: If you are making this salad ahead, leave off the dressing just until before serving, otherwise the lettuce can become soggy.
- NOTE: If you'd like to make your chicken for this salad ahead of time use this SHREDDED CHICKEN recipe.
What's great about this salad is that you can change all of the veggies up to suit your preferences! It's great with cucumbers, fresh corn kernels, onions, and you can even skip the meat if you'd like!
BLT Chicken Chopped Salad
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Chicken Breast
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce, Chopped
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Cut in Half
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, Peeled and Diced
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts on the prepared sheet and rub with the olive oil and season evenly with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to rest for 3-5 minutes while you assemble the rest of the salad.
- Add the chopped lettuce to a large serving bowl. Top evenly with the crumbled bacon, sliced avocado, tomatoes, eggs, and cheese.
- Slice or chop the chicken as desired and place on the salad.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing as desired.
Jacque Hastert says
This salad has become a family favorite! I can't wait to make it again.