These big cookies are a chocolate lovers dream! Super fudgy cookies that are soft and chocolatey in the middle and packed full of Valentine's Day M&M candies!
Hey guys! Before we talk about how awesome these cookies are, I just want to touch base with my readers on a personal level.
If you're a regular here, you'll have already noticed this is my first post for this week - coming a little late!
Last weekend my Grandma on my step-dad's side of the family passed away. While I had these cookies ready to post for you, I found it difficult to sit down and write a love filled Valentine's type of post.
This post is in remembrance of her. She was full of love for her family. She was a spunky woman who always told it like she saw it. She was also an excellent baker. I was lucky enough to have her as a part of my life from the age of fourteen, and I will always remember her fondly.
A little about these cookies now. When I say they're big, I mean they're BIG. This recipe makes 12 large chocolate cookies. I think this is appropriate for V-Day for sure, let these cookies be that big, fat, huge loving gesture for your sweetie!
I find that it's easiest to collect the dough once mixed into a big ball, then I use a butter knife and slice the dough to get 12 equal portions.
These cookies are best eaten the day they're made - yes, permission to not be good and wait, eat these warm out of the oven! Also, really important not to over bake these - they will appear slightly under done when you take them out of the oven, that's what you want!
More Valentine's recipes coming soon, Enjoy!
*When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure*
In loving memory of Loreine Kincaid.
- 1 Cup salted butter 2 sticks
- 1 ¼ Cups granulated sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 ¼ Cups all purpose flour
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup M&M's divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, and set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, or large bowl using hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed, and add the eggs one at a time. Add the almond extract. Scrape down bowl as needed.
- Keeping mixer on low, add in the cocoa powder until well blended. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder, mixing just until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and ½ Cup of the M&M's.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball, place on prepared baking sheet, and flatten slightly with your hand. Repeat with remaining dough, and top with the extra ½ Cup of M&M's as desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13-16 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 12 large cookies.