Bacon Ranch Chicken Foil Packets are the perfect easy and flavor packed dinner with potatoes, cheese, and bacon! These chicken foil packets come together in a snap and can be made on the grill or in the oven!
We are in full swing of summer here and I currently can’t get enough of these Bacon Ranch Chicken Foil Packets! I have in the past few weeks made them twice at home in the oven, and twice on the grill. You just can’t go wrong with bacon, ranch, and cheese.
I also happen to still adore my Honey Mustard Potato Chicken Foil Packets, so get those on your menu too! Foil pack dinners are so easy to assemble, quick to cook, and everyone gets their own little neatly wrapped dinner for easy cleanup. Let me show you how to make them!
How to Make Chicken Foil Packets:
First things first, you will go ahead and preheat your oven to 425 degrees or your grill to medium-high heat. Next, go ahead and lay out your foil for the packets.
You will want 4 sheets of heavy-duty foil, or you can use 8 sheets total and double them up to make sure your packets are nice and durable. The sheets should be a good sized rectangle, about 12 – 14 inches in length.
For this recipe, I use baby potatoes and cut them in half. If your baby potatoes are on the larger side, you can cut them into quarters. Add your potatoes to a large bowl and season them with olive oil and half of your seasonings.
Next, you will cut up your chicken into bite-sized cubes. The chicken pieces should be similar to the size of the cut up potatoes, as you can see. To save time and dishes, I simply season my chicken with the remaining olive oil and seasonings right on the cutting board.
Top each sheet of foil with an even amount of your seasoned potatoes. Then, top the potatoes with the prepared chicken.
Next, top the chicken with the shredded cheese and bacon bits.
Then, you will seal up your foil to make the “packet.” To do this, bring the long sides of the foil up to the center over the food. Seal the edges about 1/2 inch down the length of the foil. Sealing only 1/2 inch will ensure you leave room between the foil and the food.
Once you have the top folded, go ahead and fold up each side. You will press the foil together, then fold over to create another 1/2 inch lip just like you did on the top.
Your foil packets do not have to look perfect at all! They are so easy to make and folding them up will only take you about 5 minutes. The main thing to remember is to leave space between the foil and the food because they will expand as they cook!
Bacon Ranch Chicken Foil Packets
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees or grill to medium-high heat.
- Lay out 4 pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil that are at least 12 inches long.
- Add the cut potatoes to a large bowl and season with half of the olive oil and half of the ranch mix, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Season the cubed chicken breasts with the remaining olive oil, ranch mix, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Top each piece of foil with an even amount of potatoes. Then, top the potatoes with an even amount of chicken.
- Sprinkle the cheese and bacon bits evenly over each foil packet.
- Fold up the long sides of the foil packet to seal, then, fold over the short sides. The folds should be about 1/2 inch leaving room between the food and the foil.
- Bake in preheated oven or place on grill and close for 20-25 minutes.