Crockpot Cheesy Chili Macaroni Soup
Cheesy Chili Macaroni Soup - This hearty dinner combines cheesy chili and macaroni soup right in your crockpot or instant pot! The most flavorful macaroni soup loaded with beef, beans, and cheese!
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large Onion, Diced
- 1 15 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 15 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes
- 3 15 Ounce Cans Chili Beans
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce, Optional
- 2 Cups Macaroni, Cooked if using slow cooker
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS:
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat along with the diced onion until no longer pink. Drain grease if neccessary.
Add the beef mixture to the bottom of your slow cooker along with the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili beans, beef broth, and seasonings.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Before serving, add the shredded cheese and cooked macaroni and stir well, until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS:
Turn the Instant Pot on to saute (high) mode. Once hot, add the ground beef and diced onion and cook until no longer pink. Drain any grease if necessary and return the beef to the pot.
Add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili beans, beef broth, seasonings, and UNCOOKED macaroni and stir to combine.
Place the lid on the pot and seal the valve.
Set the pot to manual (high pressure) for 5 minutes.
Once the cooking time is up, do a quick release. Remove the lid and stir the cheese into the soup. Serve immediately.
NOTE ON COOKING TIME: The time listed above in the recipe card is for the slow cooker. For the Instant Pot, this will take approximately 10 minutes to come to pressure, then, 5 minutes to cook the soup.
- For the slow cooker method, make sure you add COOKED macaroni noodles. For the Instant Pot method the macaroni should be UNCOOKED when added to the pot.
- You do not need to drain the beans for this recipe. The liquid should be added with them for flavor.
Serving: 1.5Cups | Calories: 400kcal