Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili – This amazing, sweet heat style pulled pork chili is absolutely mouthwatering! Everything you love about pulled pork made into a hearty chili that’s packed with BBQ flavor and perfectly hearty for those cold fall and winter evenings!
Oh my, you guys! This non-traditional chili has become one of my very favorite pork roast recipes for my slow cooker! It satisfies my need for a good hearty chili, Tex-Mex, and BBQ all at the same time in one glorious flavor explosion.
Some of you know I’m from Kansas, some of you may not. What does this mean? It means that this girl LOVES a good pulled pork recipe! I’m quite fond of my Crockpot Bourbon Bacon Pulled Pork, and while it’s not quite pulled pork my Crockpot Pork Chili Verde is definitely up there on the favorite list as well.
Believe me when I say this chili is impossibly simple to make! Don’t be fooled by that ingredients list, most of it is seasonings. If you’re like me, you already have every single ingredient to make this chili on hand. That includes the pork roast because I buy them on sale and keep a couple in my freezer at all times!
If you watch our video for this recipe below, I have to tell you that the BBQ sauce didn’t make it’s way into the video. Oops! But, it is a necessary ingredient for that smoky sweet flavor that makes our pulled pork chili really stand out, so don’t forget it like I did!
Last, but not least, you can use a pork shoulder for this recipe instead of pork roast if you wish. Just make sure it’s between 2 – 2 1/2 pounds for best results!
Don’t forget to come follow along on Facebook to see all of the tasty food videos we love to share!
Pulled Pork Chili
- 2 Pounds Boneless Pork Roast
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Small Red Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 28 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 28 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 14 Ounce Cans Chili Beans
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce, Optional
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Season the pork roast well on both sides and place into your slow cooker.
- Add the onion, beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, bbq sauce, chili beans, and hot sauce to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred the pork using two forks and stir the chili well. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.