Creamy and cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip can be made in the slow cooker or the oven! This dip tastes likes chicken wings and is a party favorite!
Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Buffalo wings are always a hit at any kind of party, potluck, or even just for dinner sometimes! While they are so crave-able, they aren’t always practical or simple to make.
That’s why I love buffalo chicken wings in dip form. It doesn’t get much easier than getting a few simple ingredients together, and letting your slow cooker do all the work to create a thick and cheesy dip that’s packed full of buffalo flavor!
Can I Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Ahead?
Yes, you sure can! Simply combine all ingredients as listed in the recipe card below. Then, pour into a container with a tight fitting lid, or a large zip-lock bag. Refrigerate for up to 3 days before cooking and serving.
How Do You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- For this recipe, I like to use a rotisserie chicken when possible. It is already cooked, easy to shred and get into the slow cooker quickly. You can also use canned chicken if that is your preference. I am also fond of keeping this Crockpot Shredded Chicken on hand for dips like this!
- Soften your cream cheese and cut into cubes before mixing up your dip. Softened cream cheese is always the best option if possible. However, if you’re short on time simply cut the cream cheese into cubes first. This will ensure that it melts smoothly into the dip.
- Next, if making this in the crockpot you can simply combine all ingredients right in the slow cooker and mix to combine. Then, cook on low for 1-2 hours until hot and bubbly. Give it a good stir before serving to make sure everything is well combined.
- To make this in the oven. Combine the shredded chicken and remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix up with a large spoon. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
Be sure to follow along with us on Facebook where we always share the yummiest recipes!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened and Cubed
- 1 (1 Ounce Package) Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Hot Sauce
- In a 2 quart or larger slow cooker add the shredded chicken, cream cheese, dry ranch mix, garlic powder, shredded cheese, and buffalo sauce.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 1-2 hours until hot and bubbly.
OVEN BAKED METHOD:
- Serve dip with your favorite chips, crackers, and vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the softened cream cheese, shredded chicken, ranch mix, garlic powder, shredded cheese, and buffalo sauce.
- Pour the dip into a 9x9 inch baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.