Creamy French Onion Beef and Noodles is a creamy, easy, and delicious one pot dinner! Your family will love this savory combo of tender beef and egg noodles!
Beef and Noodles:
This post first appeared over at Eazy Peazy Mealz French Onion Beef and Noodles, where I’m a contributor. We first published this post in January of 2018 and it INSTANTLY became a reader fave! Now we are giving it a photo makeover as well as updating directions based on reader feedback!
I like to think of this recipe as kind of an upgraded beef stroganoff. Just adding a few extra ingredients like French onion soup, parmesan cheese, and crispy fried onions really take the flavor to another super hearty level. I’ll also say that this meal at first happened by complete accident! I had some beef stew meat to use up and basically just paired it with whatever else I happened to have on hand at the time as well. Now, this impromptu “man I really need to get to the grocery store” dinner, has become a part of our regular meal rotation. We all went back for seconds, it’s that good!
How To Make French Onion Beef and Noodles:
- Start by searing your stew meat in olive oil until browned on all sides. You can see in the photo that we still have some red/pink showing through, and that is just fine!
- Stew meat is super budget friendly, but it can also be tough. This is why we are going to simmer the beef in the broth and french onion soup for about 10 minutes before adding the noodles.
- Add the egg noodles to the pan and simmer, stirring the noodles around occasionally. It will seem like a lot of noodles at first, and that is ok. You’ll notice that they start to cook into the sauce. Continue to stir and push the noodles down in the broth so they cook evenly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in your sour cream and cheese stirring well until incorporated. Then, top with the french fried onions as desired.
If you’re looking for more tasty and easy dinners using beef, try these:
- Ground Beef Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Beef and Noodles
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Meatballs and Gravy
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- Easy Chopped Steaks and Gravy
Creamy French Onion Beef and Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Beef Stew Meat
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 1 10.5 Ounce Can French Onion Soup
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 12 Ounces Egg Noodles
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup French Fried Onions
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add the beef and season with the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until beef is seared on all sides.
- Add French onion soup an beef broth to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer the beef on low for 10 minutes, then add the egg noodles and simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally until the noodles are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the sour cream and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with french onions as desired.