Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce is rich, creamy, and packed with garlic parmesan flavor! This Alfredo Sauce is easy to make and perfect with your favorite pasta!
Alfredo sauce is one of my favorite things to have with a big bowl of pasta! It's a very rich and indulgent treat for dinner. I also love that it only takes about 5-10 minutes to whip up a batch! This recipe will yield about two cups of sauce total. It can easily be doubled if you are feeding a crowd or want extra for later. The bottled Alfredo just doesn't compare to this delicious homemade version! If you love cooking from scratch, make some of this Homemade Pasta to go along with your sauce!
What is Alfredo Sauce?
Traditional Alfredo is a simple white/cream sauce. It is made from butter, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese. While the original style is great, I simply like to add garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to make Alfredo sauce taste even better!
How to Make Alfredo Sauce:
- The first step to making Alfredo is to warm your butter and cream in a large saucepan over low heat. You will let it simmer (but not boil) for about 2 minutes.
- Next, you will whisk in your garlic and seasonings. Whisking constantly for about one minute just to let the garlic cook.
- Lastly, you will add your parmesan cheese and stir just until the cheese has melted and your sauce is smooth.
Note that it is best to use freshly grated parmesan cheese right off of the block so that your sauce isn't grainy. I do not recommend using the "shaker" style container grated cheese for this recipe.
The Parmesan will thicken this sauce up. If it isn't quite thick enough, allow the sauce to stand for 2-3 minutes before serving.
If you love making your own pasta sauce at home, be sure to try out my Easy Homemade Pesto as well!
Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 ½ Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Minced
- ½ Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Add the butter and cream to a large skillet.
- Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper for one minute.
- Whisk in the parmesan cheese until melted.
- Serve immediately.