Best Ever Instant Pot Beef Stew – This mouthwatering and easy to make Instant Pot Beef Stew is sure to become one of your favorite ever Instant Pot recipes! Tender beef is simmered in a super flavorful and hearty broth that’s packed with veggies!
Well, you guys, it is way past time for me to post another Instant Pot recipe! What better way to kick off comfort food season with a quick and easy beef stew? This tastes so amazing like it’s been simmering away for hours, but it really takes less than an hour and most of the foot work is done by our magical friend, the Instant Pot!
The last time we talked Instant Pot here, we talked about how I was liking it, and my first experiences. Well, I LOVE it and I’m completely addicted to the thing! I have a feeling it will be getting regular use year round because it’s almost always the fastest way to get dinner on the table, and it will keep me from having to heat up my oven once that scorching summer heat comes back!
If you haven’t seen my first two Instant Pot recipes, you must check them out! Everyone is loving this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice, and my Instant Pot Spaghetti and my Instant Pot Country Style ribs!
So, this beef stew recipe makes exactly enough to serve four people. Sometimes I can give or take a little on serving size, but this came out just right for four.
The good news is, there was plenty of room in my Instant Pot should I have wanted to double this recipe! It’s so tasty, and I think everyone likes stew so I’d gladly double this and serve it to company! Another win with stew is that it’s relatively cheap to make.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS WITH INSTANT POT BEEF STEW:
- Sear the meat first as directed in the recipe! Taking the quick stepto sear the meat instead of just tossing everything it produces a much more flavorful stew.
- Natural release for the best results. It’s best to always natural release anyway when you have really hot boiling liquids like this. I also prefer the natural method for the best texture in the meat.
- Don’t let this cool before adding the cornstarch/water. You want to add the cornstarch and cold water mixture while the stew is still nice and piping hot for the best thickening. If you like your stew extra thick, you can double the cornstarch mixture.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 1 1/2 Pounds Beef Stew Meat
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 1 16 Ounce Bag Baby Carrots, Cut Into Slices
- 1 Pound Potatoes, Cubed
- 2 1/2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 10 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Add the olive oil to the instant pot and turn on the saute function. When the oil starts to sizzle add the meat and season with the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook the meat until Browned on all sides.
- Add the beef broth to the instant pot and use a spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion, carrots, potatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Close the lid and steam valve on the instant pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes, then allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release.
- Mix together the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl and stir into the stew until thickened.