These crispy taquitos are a snap to make! Full of shredded buffalo chicken, ranch seasoning, and plenty of cheese! A fun appetizer or easy main dish that every one in the family will love.
GUYS!! Cheesy buffalo chicken all shredded up, and rolled up, and crisped up – I’m a little obsessed, ok?
So, majorly obsessed that we had to make a video of this recipe for you. Check it out below!
I have to be honest, buffalo sauce is one of those things I could completely overdose on.
If it wasn’t completely weird, I’d just sit and eat the stuff with a spoon.
Or a straw….
But, ya know, instead I behaved like a normal human being and put the sauce in something that everyone could eat.
Let’s chat about making these.
You can make the chicken several different ways here.
- Put a couple of chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cover them with chicken broth. Let them cook on low all day. When you get home, shred the chicken and add all the sauce and seasonings. This is by far my favorite way. The chicken cooks all day, and I don’t have to think about it till it’s time to eat.
- Grab yourself a rotisserie chicken, shred the thing up, add seasonings….you get the idea!
- If you have chicken breasts already at your house but no time for the slow cooker, just boil them over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, drain off the water, get your shred on, and assemble away.
These are also great because you can fry them up in a skillet if you’d like, or just roll them all up and bake. Directions for both are listed in the printable recipe.
You can easily double or triple this recipe for a crowd and taquito your heart out.
Or serve them up for a simple weeknight dinner – they reheat like a charm!
Either way, good luck only eating one!
- 10 Soft Taco Size Tortillas Can use flour or corn, see note
- 2 Cups Cooked, Shredded Chicken
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Cup Buffalo Wings Sauce I use Frank's Red Hot Buffalo
- 1 Packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix I use Hidden Valley
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheese I use a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella
- Optional Ranch Dressing, Green Onions, Extra Buffalo Sauce, for serving
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil If frying
Preheat oven to 375 degrees if baking the taquitos. Or, heat a large skillet over medium heat with the Tablespoon of olive oil if frying.
In a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, cream cheese, wings sauce, ranch dressing mix, and shredded cheese until well combined.
Lie tortillas out on a flat surface and top the bottom third of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of chicken mixture. Roll each tortilla up tightly.
If baking: place the rolled taquitos out on a large baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
If frying: fry 2-3 taquitos at a time, turning frequently until golden brown on all sides, and cheese is melted.
NOTE: Time listed is for already cooked and shredded chicken. If you use the slow cooker method, you will cook the chicken on low for 6-8 hours.
NOTE: If you use corn tortillas for this recipe, warm them up before rolling to prevent tearing.